Litze's Athens Marathon Journal

Welcome to my Athens Marathon Journal. Since this is such a big event in my life, I thought I would keep a journal. I type a lot faster, and neater, than I write so I thought I would use the computer. And I thought that someone just might be interested to see how things were going with it.



Wednesday, April 28, 2010

April 28, 2010 - Getting Better

I'm feeling pretty good right now. Well, emotionally anyway. Monday, Tuesday and today I spent over 13 hours at work. I normally come home, eat something, then go to bed. Tonight I left early, 8:15 pm, and felt that I could get a short run in. I ran 2.5 miles in 31 minutes. The first mile I felt great! It was shortly after that that I realized that I'm not quite over whatever I had. My lungs started to hurt. Not too bad but enough to make me stop and think. Ok, I didn't stop but I did slow down a little. I'm home now and I'm still feeling it in my lungs but I feel great. I feel like going out for another run. But it is almost 10 pm and I still have a couple long days ahead. I found out I missed something else as well. My music. I only get to listen to it when I run and then only when I run alone. This illness has been very enlightening.

I'm under control at work so I can take a breath. Barring any major catastrophes, we should be able to finish fairly early, and by early I mean before 8 pm. Have I said how much I'm looking forward to Saturday?

Tax Season - 2 days left
Athens - 186 days left

No comments:

Post a Comment