Litze's Athens Marathon Journal

Welcome to my Athens Marathon Journal. Since this is such a big event in my life, I thought I would keep a journal. I type a lot faster, and neater, than I write so I thought I would use the computer. And I thought that someone just might be interested to see how things were going with it.



Monday, April 12, 2010

April 12, 2010







Well, I sure had a busy weekend. Went to see Little Shop of Horrors at the local theatre and then appies at the Blackfish Pub afterwards. Worked all Saturday and the went to the Golf Club for the Fire Department Semi-Annual Dinner. Food was great and so was the company. I tried to get to bed early so I could get lots of sleep before the race the next day but came up a little short.
In spite of the busy weekend, I had a PR (personal record) for the half marathon. I beat my previous best of 2:20:22 at the April Fools Run in 2008. I finished this year in 2:16:09. I am whining though because my GPS says I ran 21.55 km. I had a great race. Edith was my pace bunny most of the way. Thanks Edith! I probably wouldn't have done so well without you. Shelly and Alyson did great as well. It was fun to have so many people I know running the race and on the sidelines cheering us on.
I was pretty tired for the rest of the day. My stomach was upset all day and my lungs felt funny. I'm going to lose a toenail but other than that I think I made out alright. My legs muscles are pretty sore today but I'm sure that won't last. I think I will just do a bit of time on the stationary bike and circuit training this week and get back into training on the weekend. Gotta beat that 60 minute mark at the Sun Run.












18 days left in tax season.






No comments:

Post a Comment