Litze's Athens Marathon Journal

Welcome to my Athens Marathon Journal. Since this is such a big event in my life, I thought I would keep a journal. I type a lot faster, and neater, than I write so I thought I would use the computer. And I thought that someone just might be interested to see how things were going with it.



Saturday, April 17, 2010

Still sick

Ok, so the doctor said I literally ran my self into the ground. It is Saturday and I'm feeling alot better but I still get worn out when I do too much. Haven't exercised since Tuesday and I'm sure I've lost 20 pounds of muscle (if I had that much). I won't be running until Tuesday so not only do I feel like I'm letting my bosses down by missing work, I'm letting my friends down by not running with them tomorrow. I know, life isn't fair. And I should be grateful it wasn't more serious and I generally have my health and I will run again. I really don't know what I'd do if I couldn't run anymore. I hope I don't have to find out. Edith and I were discussing the fact that as I get older, the less people there are in my age group so in 20 years, I'll probably be in the top of my division. Now that's something to shoot for. A long term goal, if you will.

On another note, I'm reading this book "The Non-Runner's Guide to Marathon Training for Women". This woman, who seems to have never exercised before in her life, signed up for a Marathon to raise money for a cause close to her heart. She kept a journal and there are snippets of it in the book. She's very funny and very anti-running. I'm quite enjoying it and wish my journal entries were as amusing as hers. Oh well, my talents lie elsewhere.

13 days left in tax season
197 days until Athens

No comments:

Post a Comment