Litze's Athens Marathon Journal

Welcome to my Athens Marathon Journal. Since this is such a big event in my life, I thought I would keep a journal. I type a lot faster, and neater, than I write so I thought I would use the computer. And I thought that someone just might be interested to see how things were going with it.



Thursday, October 28, 2010

We're here

We arrived safe and sound. No problems, though because of the weather bomb, many people still aren't here.

We caught up on sleep yesterday. Did a bit of a tour of the little town here. Ate at a little hole in the wall. Dale is really disappointed that there is so much English. He wishes I could feel as out of sorts as he did when he first arrived.

I shook Jeff Galloway's hand yesterday morning at breakfast. Are you jealous? This morning we did a 30 minute run together. Ok, there were 100 other people. We are just waiting to go to our first tour. They will be taking us on a tour of the running route and then shopping in Plaka. We will be going to the Running Expo this afternoon.

We were told that normally there are 3000 marathon participants but this year they capped it at 12, 500. This is the number of Athenian soldiers that were in the battle of Marathon.

The weather is cloudy and cold. About the same as home. They say it should warm up in the next couple of days.

We did manage to spend some time in Amsterdam. Boy there are a lot of bikes. That was more different than Greece is so far. Does that make sense?

Gotta go.

No comments:

Post a Comment