Litze's Athens Marathon Journal

Welcome to my Athens Marathon Journal. Since this is such a big event in my life, I thought I would keep a journal. I type a lot faster, and neater, than I write so I thought I would use the computer. And I thought that someone just might be interested to see how things were going with it.



Friday, October 29, 2010

Saturday, Oct 31, 2010

We drove the race route yesterday and it didn't seem too bad but our guide who has run it several times says its a tough course. There may be something I'm missing. We saw the stadium where we finish and it was awe inspiring. That is going to be so momentus.

We've met a lot of nice people. There is a contingent from Sherwood Park in Edmonton. There are 10 of them and they had jackets specially made for the trip. I'm so jealous!

Afterwards we went to Plaka - the market in downt0wn Athens. Dale and I didn't agree on our purpose for being there - first fight. I think I'm still tired and missing my coffee terribly! We fall to bed about 9 pm exhausted.

Today we're going to see the Acropolis(?) You'd think I'd know how to spell these things by now.

There seems to be a line up for the computer so gotta go.

No comments:

Post a Comment