..keep on going. Don't look back, keep on moving. You might get out 'fore the devil even knows you're there...
I was approaching the last big hill, it was probably about the 18 km mark. I had thought about calling home more than once. My lungs hurt when I took a deep breath which was imminent on a big hill like that. I hadn't slept well all week and my stress level about work, training, the trip and the delayed Thanksgiving dinner awaiting me at home was through the roof. For the last half hour I had been debating whether to call it a day on the basis of not overtraining and wearing myself into the ground or keep going because I need to complete my training in order to be fit enough for the race in 2 weeks.
And then this song came on and made the decision for me. I was going through hell and I should keep on going. I decided that physically I wasn't in that much pain. After all, I'd been through child birth and that, eventually, did end. So, the tough part must be mental. And I've been through much tougher stuff than this. Therefore, I could do this. And with the help of the song, I did.
Yeah, I do a lot of thinking while I run. Last week when I ran the 36 km, I was on such a high. I could easily have run another 5 km. Today, if I had had the energy, I would have been crying through half my run. I'm glad its over and the longest run I have until the marathon is 10 km.
The next two weeks will be tough. And I have to say that I will be glad when it is all over and I can rest. For a bit.
13 days to go
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment