What a tough week.
I wanted to run when I got home from Vancouver on Thursday but my chest was hurting and I was completely exhausted. So I didn't. Tried to get to bed early but I get busy with details for the trip and next thing I know it's after 10. And then when I'm trying to sleep, I think of things to do or take and I have to get up and add it to the list in case I forget.
I didn't run Friday because I was going to run on Saturday morning. Plus I worked until after 7.
I had a wonderful time at the Fall Tune Up in Porpoise Bay. It was a small group of people running a 2 km route 3 times. Wendy picked me up and we went to Starbucks on the way up. It was mostly the "old" group of people which was fantastic. Great to see everyone. Wendy and I ran together the whole time. She pushing me, me pushing her, as it usually goes. We keep saying that it's too fast but we can't seem to slow down when we run together. I felt sick the entire time and my sinuses were killing me. By the end my legs were shakey and I was so glad to finish. But we did it. And we tied for first place in our age group (we were the only ones in our age group). So, I have my first first place ribbon :).
I decided to do one more run before I go so Wendy suggested we do an easy run at Cliff Gilker on Tuesday morning. I think it's a great idea because I'm sure I'll just be going nuts and it will be a good way to burn some nervous energy. Plus I get one more run with Wendy before I go.
Now I'm off to work for several hours. I'll be working Sunday as well. Tonight I'll do laundry and start working on the packing list. I'm hoping to be all ready to go Monday night. And I'm hoping Dale will co-operate ;).
3 sleeps until we leave. 8 sleeps until the race!

No comments:
Post a Comment