Litze's Athens Marathon Journal

Welcome to my Athens Marathon Journal. Since this is such a big event in my life, I thought I would keep a journal. I type a lot faster, and neater, than I write so I thought I would use the computer. And I thought that someone just might be interested to see how things were going with it.



Thursday, October 14, 2010

Taper road

Well, my last regular run. It didn't go so well. I'm tired and ready to taper. My runs this week went well. I ran with Wendy on Tuesday and we just did an easy run because we raced on the weekend and were tired. Wednesday I did my tempo run. It was my best time yet. And it should have been. I pushed really hard. Man, I was happy with that time. In June I did the run in over 41 minutes. This past Wednesday, I did it in just over 35 minutes. Great run but I guess it burned me out for today.

My last really long run is Sunday. It will be 23 km. And then I have to come home and cook Thanksgiving dinner for the kids. It's going to be a tough weekend.

Next week I taper off my runs and start to conserve energy for the race. I can't believe we leave in a week and a half.

15 days to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment