Yesterday we went to a few places that I can neither pronounce or spell. Any guesses what we saw? More ruins. We saw the best preserved beehive tomb in Greece. We crossed over the Corinth Canal which is a man made canal that is 4 miles long. And again we were completely exhausted when we got back to the hotel.
This morning Jeff Galloway took us on a hike to a hill near our hotel. It was a spectacular view. I ran back and it felt great to run again. My big toe still hurts. We went into Athens shopping again and booked our trip to Crete. We are taking an overnight ferry there tomorrow night (Saturday) and arrive at 5:30 am. We will sleep on the ferry. Then we spend the day in Crete and take the overnight ferry back for our flight to Rome. I'm hoping the weather will be as nice as it has been the last week. It was another beautiful day. When we got home from the Plaka, we went for a dip in the Aegean Sea. Ok, I dipped my feet because it was cold, but Dale swam. Then we sat on the beach until the sun went down. Tonight we have our farewell dinner.
I have tried the moussaka here and I have to say that I prefer Leo's vegetarian moussaka. All the food is very tastey. We have tried most of the local dishes. I quite like their yogurt with honey.
We will miss the tour because it was so much fun getting to know the group and hearing about so many different running experiences. We sat with different people at almost every meal. Almost everyone was wearing their various running shirts from different races. I should have brought mine! It is going to be quite different from now on since we will be on our own.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

I'm so envious, Litze! Just to read 'Athens', 'hike', 'hill, 'ran back' ... sigh. I am so proud of you.
ReplyDeleteI so wish I could have been cheering you along the Athens route.
Hey! Our first place win at the Fall Tune Up was in the Sports Ticker yesterday and I'll keep a copy for you. (We came in 7th out of 15 people, dontcha know.) I loved that you even put it in your blog! My first-place ribbon in on the fridge ...
Have a gorgeous time on Crete and take tons of photos. You will be so glad that you are keeping this blog.
All the best and say Hi to Dale from me (Did he meet you at the end of the run? Was he sitting on a chair with ouzo? I doubt it - it must have been crazy with people. I bet he had to push his way in to find you.),
Wendy