It is the evening of November 22 and we are planning our trip to the airport tomorrow. We had a guided tour of London and Westminster today and had a ride in the eye. We are winding down now and are looking forward to sleeping in our own bed. The place we have now is like a bachelor suite - with a pullout couch to sleep on. It is nice to speak the same language - we can read basic instructions but there are still things on the menu that we don't know what they are. And it is still difficult to understand people because of their accents - British, Italian, French - we've had to deal with them all here in England. And it is cold. I'm wearing 4 layers on top and leggings under my jeans and I'm still cold. I know it won't be much better at home but I know I don't have to spend as much time outside when I'm at home. And I have a gas fireplace to warm me up. And different clothes will be a very welcome site.
Did I mention how difficult it is to type with long fingernails? Guess what I'm doing when I get home.
See you all very soon. Thanks for sharing this adventure with us.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment