The weather was cold today. We walked around Venice. There are no vehicles. You walk or you boat. We had a ride on a gondola. It is a really interesting looking place. Like Rome, all the buildings are connected. There are some really narrow walkways. The tide was so high that some of the streets were flooded. When we got in last night we saw all these tables in the plaza and I thought that they were for a market but turns out that they are walkways put in place when the streets flood. There are lots of beautiful glass trinkets and masquerade masks. Interesting. The architecture is spectacular but there really isn't much to do. We are sort of taking it easy tonight and catching up on relaxation. Tomorrow we catch a train to Florence.
I have to say that I am getting a little tired of this traveling thing. Every new place is a new thing to get used to. Figuring out the light switches and toilets and faucets....
Be it ever so humble...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment