Litze's Athens Marathon Journal

Welcome to my Athens Marathon Journal. Since this is such a big event in my life, I thought I would keep a journal. I type a lot faster, and neater, than I write so I thought I would use the computer. And I thought that someone just might be interested to see how things were going with it.



Tuesday, September 28, 2010

One more long run to go

Well, I managed to complete over 33km. I avoided Lower Road in Roberts Creek because the hills to get back to the highway were really difficult. Not so much at the time but they wore me out so that finishing my long runs was difficult. So, without the huge hills, I fared much better. I wasn't completely spent this time. Although, the rest of the day was a wash.

Next week is a recovery week with 15 km and then I do 36 the weekend of the Royal Victoria Half. And I did my last hill repeats workout last week. Now I start on fartleks. Not sure how that will go.

And my iphone won't last more than 3 1/2 hours. Since the marathon will take me almost 5 hours, I'm going to have to come up with a solution.

No comments:

Post a Comment