Litze's Athens Marathon Journal

Welcome to my Athens Marathon Journal. Since this is such a big event in my life, I thought I would keep a journal. I type a lot faster, and neater, than I write so I thought I would use the computer. And I thought that someone just might be interested to see how things were going with it.



Wednesday, September 15, 2010

44 days and counting

Wow, time is sure flying. I did a 15 k run this past weekend and was glad for the break. It is getting harder to venture out when faced with over 3 hours of running, walk breaks or not.

I'm back at circuit training and that feels good. My body is starting to get tired, though. Tonight's easy run was anything but. It takes me longer and longer to warm up to where I feel like I'm not struggling. I do a lot of hills and maybe that's not a good idea. I've got hill repeats tomorrow and I'm hoping I'll have what it takes. I need to do 6.

My achilles is acting up again. I cut my easy run short tonight because I was in constant pain. Nothing I can't live with but I just don't want to make it worse. I'll call physio in the morning but it will probably be weeks before I can get in. I think I'll go back to icing it.

I'm really stressed out right now with all the things I'm behind in. Work is super busy and when I'm not going to circuit training, I'm working 9 hour days but that could easily be 10 (if I had the time and didn't have to run. I should go in on the weekends but they are booked up too.
How long until Athens?

No comments:

Post a Comment