Well, I got to Davis Bay. I was quite tired but I stopped because my right calf was hurting and not getting any better and I was afraid of doing damage. The run was 17.5 km. Not what I was hoping for but good enough. I'll do another long one this week and then I start to alternate after that. I'm not going to get to run longer than the 42.2 km but all the literature says I'm not suppose to anyway.
I think the pain in my right calf was caused by the new Shape-Up runners that I've been wearing. I don't feel the extra work when I'm walking in them but they may be doing something. I've stopped wearing them for a week to see if the pain goes away. If it does and I start wearing them again and the pain comes back I'll know. The last 2 runs I have had the calf pain but not as bad as Sunday. Mind you, I didn't run as far.
I had a great run with Wendy on Tuesday. I felt great after we were done but we still had a decent pace for the Tempo run. Wendy suggested we try different routes so she came up with a new one for next Tuesday. I'm looking forward to it.
Last night was a good run. I did my second hill work out. I used Payne hill from Reed to Cemetery. I only did 3 repeats (it was all I could do anyway) but when I got home and read my schedule, I was suppose to do 5. Yikes! 107 days to go and I'm already behind! :)
I've also been feeling kinda PMSish. I'm thinking it is because my shot is due so I booked an appointment to get it Friday. Hope it helps. That and a new haircut and I should be ready to take on the world. Or at least the Gibsons Mile and the Keats Swim next week.
107 days to go!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment