Litze's Athens Marathon Journal

Welcome to my Athens Marathon Journal. Since this is such a big event in my life, I thought I would keep a journal. I type a lot faster, and neater, than I write so I thought I would use the computer. And I thought that someone just might be interested to see how things were going with it.



Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Still Training

I've had a very busy week. I only got in 4 runs last week because of other engagements. Hopefully, I will be able to keep most weeks at 5 runs.

My achilles started bothering me again. However, I was also starting to get sore feet and I was suddenly feeling a little twing in my right knee. I came to the conclusion that I need new shoes. I remembered that I bought a new pair to wear at the rec centre but since I'm only doing circuit training there now, they are still fairly new. What I failed to remember was that after about 1/2 and hour they started to hurt the front of my feet. So off I went on Sunday with my "newer" shoes and a 15 mile run. That didn't work out so well. My achilles and knee was fine but my feet were so sore that I could barely walk the rest of the day. I finished the run but new shoes are definately on my shopping list.

I think my tempo runs are getting easier. Well, perhaps not easier, maybe faster. I still work as hard but I do seem to be able to go faster than my target pace for the entire run. My GPS still isn't working well, so I'm going on familiar routes that I know where the mile markers are and target a certain time for those markers. I still keep thinking that this is the pace that I'm suppose to run the marathon at but I can barely keep up the pace for the 4 or 6 miles. I guess that's why I'm starting so early - to get more fit each week so that I can do it.

I've got a half marathon on June 27th. I'm hoping to beat my April Fool's Run time of 2:16:09. I think I can do it because I'm more fit and its mostly downhill (UBC to Stanley Park).

No comments:

Post a Comment