What can I say. I just don't understand. Many, many people train a lot harder than I do. Last post I was saying how exhausted I was after each run. Well, I guess I was starting to get sick. I took Friday and Saturday off. You'd think that would be enough. I guess not since about half way through my run my lungs started to hurt again. But, as I was stuck out in the middle of nowhere, I had to finish the race. I've been trying to recover ever since. I was really sick on Monday and I cancelled paddling. It is Wednesday now and I'm not planning to run tonight so that will be 3 days in a row. I can't tell you how this is killing me. I can literally feel my muscles turning to mush!!!
But on the brighter side, I got another PR. My race was 2:08:56. That's 3 minutes faster than the last one. Of course, as I said before, this one was pancake flat. When I passed the 5 km mark my Iphone told me it was 30 minutes. I've never hit 30 minutes for 5 km in my life. Not even in a 5 km race! At 10 km I was at 60 minutes. Now, I wasn't even really trying. As I said before, I was out to get an even pace. My GPS didn't work right from the start so I was just going at the fastest pace I could comfortably go for the whole race. Of course after the 10 km mark I was thinking a PR was possible but tried to just keep the same pace. It was about then that my lungs started to hurt. But I kept at it and by the 15 km mark when I was just slightly behind pace I remembered that it was good to practice a strong finish. Any excuse to try for that PR. So I admit, I did push it the last few km's. Was I disappointed when the clock read 2:12:XX when I crossed the finish line. I survived the rest of the day and when I got home I checked my official time on the internet and it gave me the 2:08:56. Yeah for me!
I have to say that this not running is really bothering me and I hope I'm feeling well enough to run tomorrow. The hard part is that I actually feel fine and energetic but I can still feel that discomfort in my lungs so I know if I run, I will make it worse. Feel sorry for me, ok.
80 days to go. I hope I'll be ready.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment